The most unusual pyramid
The most unusual pyramid
1. At McCarran airport, the gambling city of America-Las Vegas experience incredible scenery — endless huge skyscrapers, bright neon advertising signs and signboards of hotels, casinos, restaurants, and a sky illuminated by thousands of lights and huge dark pyramid in the Egyptian style is the second largest hotel in the city “Luxor Hotel & Casino”. It is a place where ancient legends come to life, and an atmosphere of merriment and light-heartedness.
2. Close to Cairo are the real historical monuments — the majestic pyramids. The largest of them – Khufu. Every stone of the pyramid is impregnated with mysticism and spirit of history. Its endless tunnels, chambers and tombs still keep many mysteries, which modern scientists have not been able to find the answer.
3. In the heart of Rome on the East Bank of the Tiber is a huge architectural monument, created by industrious craftsmen in the 12th century BC — the pyramid of Cestius. Thirty-seven meter high pyramid towers over urban landscapes. It is located near the gate of San Paolo. It is from here that the tour guides suggest that you begin your stroll around the city and study an ancient artifact.
4. Among the green forests of Bosnia North of Sarajevo unique hidden pyramid, created by nature itself — hill Visocica. Its height is more than two hundred meters, and the base is approximately equal to the territory of the near lying villages Visoko. Locals often assure tourists that the pyramid has an artificial origin, but it is nothing more than a beautiful legend.
5. Near the capital of Mexico is one of the largest buildings not only in South America but all over the world – the majestic pyramid of the Sun. Pyramid height of about seventy-five meters, it is located between the Citadel, the Ciudadela and pyramid of the moon and is very clearly visible from afar. Before the tourists, visiting this ancient architectural complex, stunning panoramic views.
6. Egypt is a Paradise for lovers of antiquities. Here is another famous pyramid, or rather what is left of it. We are talking about the pyramid of Unas, on the West Bank of the Nile towards the South from Cairo. To date, the building was left just a pile of large and small stones with scraps of ancient texts.
7. Tenerife island is one of the most beautiful of the Canary Islands and the most visited place by tourists in the summer. On the East coast of the island at Guimar, is the ancient pyramid which is unusual for such structures form. It consists of six rectangular terraces and has a completely flat top. Pyramid made of volcanic stones.
8. Another amazing temple complex located on the banks of the river Nile in Northern Sudan. It consists of a group of jebbel pyramids of Barkal, three palaces and several temples. South of this complex is another picturesque group of ancient pyramids. All the buildings date back to around 3-1-th centuries BC. The tour guides are usually advised to visit these places in the evening. In the sun by ancient buildings look extraordinarily beautiful and majestic.
9. In the North – East of Egypt is another unique architectural complex. Part of it is the Aunt pyramid with a height of about forty-five meters. All the walls of the ancient buildings are covered with inscriptions, the deciphering of which historians work to this day.
10. The hotel Ruegen — it is the tallest pyramidal structure in the world. Its height is 330 meters. To see this product of modern engineering in North Korea.